Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Benefits of being self-disciplined

I was reading this article about self-discipline , it talked about people who have better self-control do many things that bring them happiness. They tend to avoid conflict and have better moods compared to their counterparts who don’t have such good self-control. The author said, “Feeling good rather than bad may be a core benefit of having good self-control, and being well satisfied with life is an important consequence.” (P.2)

People who have better self-control also tend to have fewer negative emotions. But having self-control is not easy, it all depends on how determined you are to succeed in your long-term goal. For example, dieting and exercising may seem like goals that will give you negative emotions, but if you succeed, you will be happy and proud of yourself. Self-control will not help you get instant pleasure, but it will be worth it in the long run.



There is also a distinct difference between those people who live a disciplined life and those who do not. Those who are more disciplined tend to plan for their long term goals and stick to it. I think that is a good thing, to be honest, I feel this article applies to me. Because I do have long-term goals and I do tend to avoid situations which I feel will compromise my goals.














http://healthland.time.com/2013/06/24/self-disciplined-people-are-happier-and-not-as-deprived-as-you-think/

No comments:

Post a Comment